Welcome to OPTIONS
The Opening Paths to Individual Opportunity aNd Success (OPTIONS) program is a five-day residential summer bridge and retention program designed to assist first generation college students, students who are members of traditionally underrepresented groups, and low-income students, with their transition from high school to KU. The program is also designed to connect participants with campus organizations and programs that further the university's strategic goal of increasing retention rates of first-year students to 90%.
The 2016 OPTIONS program runs from Sunday, August 14, through Thursday, August 18.
OPTIONS is offered at no cost to students!
This program is for you if you want to
- make your transition to KU easier;
- move in a week earlier (before your roommate comes to campus);
- have extra time to become familiar with campus;
- connect with other KU students like you;
- ask questions directly to KU personnel and professors;
- learn how to manage your scholarships, grants, and loans from experts;
- get help finding campus jobs;
- learn more about KU resources and how to succeed in college; and
- enter to win a $500 book scholarship.
OPTIONS is a collaboration of KU TRIO Supportive Educational Services, TRIO STEM, the Office of Diversity and Equity, and Undergraduate Studies. OPTIONS is offered at no cost to students.
For the 2016–2017 academic year, 200 incoming freshman scholars will be selected to participate in OPTIONS. Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. The deadline for application was June 20, 2016. Selected applicants will be notified by July 1, 2016, of their acceptance into the program.